Thursday 19 July 2012

Peach and Apricot Muffins

Today has been bake for Bible Week day, getting ready for our camping expedition (and considering the weather here in England this 'summer' I'm taking my wellies and a large brolly). Anyway, turning up without at least a couple of dozen muffins isn't an option, so as well as the usual favourites - double chocolate fudge, ordered by Tim, I also did some that I particularly love - peaches and apricot. That must be two of my 5-a-day in each muffin!

In a large bowl mix together:
375g self raising flour
220g caster sugar

In a small bowl mix together:
90g melted butter
half cup sour cream
quarter cup milk
2 large eggs

Stir the wet into the dry
Then stir in:
half cup chopped peaches (I used tinned)
half cup chopped apricots (I used dried)

Divide between 12 muffin cases
Bake Gas 5/6
20-25 mins
Leave in the tin for a few minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment