Tuesday 4 December 2012

Chocolate Blueberry Muffins

Well these went down a treat, in fact so quickly that I only just remembered to take a photo in time as the last one sat in the tub. I'd tested them out on the Encounter UK students who came to stay at the weekend. They'd been tipped off that I made 'the best muffins in the world', so I had a reputation to uphold as we met up for a Chinese supper.


Pre heat the oven

In a large bowl mix together:
300g sifted self raising flour
50g sifted cocoa powder
220g caster sugar

In a small bowl mix together:
90g melted butter
half cup milk
three quarters cup sour cream
1 large egg

Mix the wet into the dry then stir in:
half cup blueberries
100g milk chocolate chips

Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
Bake on Gas 5/6 for 20-25 minutes
Leave in the tray for a few minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool


I'm glad to say my reputation is still intact :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment