Wednesday 30 January 2013

Waffleberry Pudding

On Christmas Day I had a revelation. For lunch I was offered this Waffleberry Pudding, and I must say it instantly became my absolute most favourite desert ever eaten, even better than Cheesecake, and anyone who knows me well, knows I love Cheesecake to the max! But this is even yummier.
On Boxing Day I had lunch with some other (now) family, and they too made WaffleBerry - so I watched with interest how it was made then refused to leave until they handed me the recipe. 
But it was only this week that I finally had my first attempt at making it. Thankfully it was a success, and tasted every bit as gorgeous as it did on Christmas lunch, so I thought I ought to share the love, and let you have a go at the recipe for yourselves.

Thank you Joy for my first taste of this delight, and thanks Aunty Rachel for the recipe.
You will need
240g waffles
150g white chocolate, chopped
300g raspberries

In a deep sided dish layer half of the waffle.
Sprinkle with half the raspberries 
then half the chocolate chunks
Repeat the layers

In a bowl combine:
55g caster sugar
1 tablesppon plain flour
Add:
500ml sour cream or creme fraiche
3 eggs
half teaspoon vanilla essence
Whisk together
Spoon the mixture over the top of the raspberries

Bake on Gas 6 for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and set in the centre.
Cool for 10 minutes then sprinkle with Icing sugar.


We had it hot with vanilla ice cream at Christmas!And this was all that was left after our Sunday night nosh up in Tamworth this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment