Thursday 18 July 2013

Mao Feng Tea Loaf

It's that annual time of year when I head off to camp with my Church family and naturally I had better get the baking done first. So today I am making a fat free tea loaf, and I'll work out how many points it will cost me on my diet once it's baked.
First make a cup of very hot tea - today I used Mao Feng Green 'Tea-Pigs' tea, but any tea will do. 

In a large bowl measure out:
1 cup of mixed fruit (today i used mostly sultanas with some dried chopped apricots to make it up to a cup full)
1 cup of caster sugar

Mix them together and pour over:
1 cup of hot tea
Leave to 'brew' for at least half an hour, longer if you like. The fruit needs to soak in the tea.(I usually leave the tea bags in the liquid while it soaks, so that it gets some extra flavour)
Then stir in:
2 cups of self-raising flour
1 large beaten egg

Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf tin 
Bake on Gas 4 for about 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment