Friday 4 January 2013

First muffins of 2013 - Blueberry and Orange

The decorations and the tree are down and away again for another year, the house is feeling back to normal again, and after a couple of weeks of overdosing on chocolate I decided I had ought to get some muffins baked. So I donned my new pinny (thanks Ian) and got out my new spotty mixing bowl (thanks Hayley and Paul) and whipped up a batch of Blueberry with a hint of Orange Muffins.


In a large bowl mix together:
375g self-raising flour
220g caster sugar
the grated rind of 1 orange

In a small bowl mix together:
90g melted butter
three quarters cup sour cream
2 large eggs
a few drops vanilla essence

Stir the wet into the dry then add:
1 cup frozen blueberries

Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
Sprinkle with purple glitter sugar (optional)
Bake on Gas 5/6 for 20-25 minutes
Leave in the tin for a few minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment