Saturday 30 March 2013

Bailey's and White Chocolate Muffins

It's Easter Sunday tomorrow so what better way to celebrate that 'Jesus came to bring life and life in abundance' than with Bailey's muffins!! That definitely constitutes living it up! So unless I get visitors later, or I just can't resist, as the smell in the kitchen is amazing - I should be turning up with them to the 'bring and share' tomorrow evening.

To create your own gorgeous aromas in your kitchen do this ~

In a large bowl mix together:
375g self-raising flour
200g dark brown soft sugar

In a small bowl mix together:
90g melted butter
150g sour cream
quarter cup Bailey's liquor
quarter cup strong coffee (4 teaspoons coffee granules mixed into 1 table spoon boiling water)
2 large eggs (before adding the eggs ensure the mixture isn't too hot or they will start to scramble!)

Mix the wet into the dry
Then stir in:
100g white chocolate chunks


Divide between 12 muffin cases
Bake Gas 5/6, for 20-25 minutes
Leave in the tin for a few minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool

Once cooled I plan to top the muffins with a mix of Bailey's and Cream cheese and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, or park a mini Easter egg on top. But I'm really not sure they are going to last long enough.

Nope, I was right, they didn't. I shouldn't have gone back in the kitchen, as there was one small muffin calling to me from the cooing rack, begging to be eaten while still warm, right here, right now as I type :) mmmmmm

Maybe I'll be making another batch right before I go out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment