Monday 8 April 2013

Whiskey and Orange Muffins

The last weekend of the Easter holidays has come and gone in a most wonderfully bizarre manner. 

Here are a few words and phrases to sum it all up ~
chicken poppers, gel nails, the Grandad convoy, lakeside sunset, Absolution, >>--love wins---->, vegetarians, Badger and Squirrel, Coombe Abbey, champagne celebrations, the post-midnight time-exposure photo shoot, new shoes, double dogs, reggae, and hog roast! #cowpatt

My niece has been left, once again, wondering how it is that she can possibly be related to either me, or her dad. But she did get to meet her first Norwegian during the weekend - I did mention it had been bizarre :)

Anyway lots more happened, but I know it's the recipe that you really want so I'll get on with the recipe.

During all of these shinanigans I made muffins, requested by my son, for his uni mates - hence the concoction below - what I didn't realise is that the whiskey I chose to use had been bought in Zambia for about $1, so for all I know, I may well have put paraffin in the muffins - but they tasted great and we are all still alive to tell the tale. Next time I'll use the posh whiskey he keeps in their boxes ...


In a large bowl mix together:
375g self-raising flour
220g caster sugar

In a small bowl mix together:
90g melted butter
half cup sour cream
quarter cup whiskey
quarter cup juice from the mandarins 
2 large eggs

Mix the wet into the dry then stir in:
1 cup chopped, drained mandarins


Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
Bake on Gas 5/6 for 20-25 minutes
Leave in the tin for a few minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment