Saturday 8 June 2013

Chocolatey Peach Muffins

I'm off to celebrate a house-warming this afternoon, and no house is properly warmed without the smell of freshly baked muffins, so for this occasion I went for peaches and chocolate. The cocoa ran out so I had to vary the usual levels of dry ingredients, which is why I added choc chips to make them a bit more chocolatey. But they look fine coming out of the oven, and I imagine they'll taste just fine once I get to this BBQ.


In a large bowl sift together:
340g self-raising flour
25g cocoa
stir in:
220g caster sugar

In a small bowl mix together:
90g melted butter
half cup sour cream
quarter cup milk
half cup fruit juice (drained from the can of peaches)
1 large egg

Mix the wet into the dry

Then stir in:
100g milk chocolate chunks
half cup drained diced peaches


Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
Bake on Gas 5/6 for 20-25 minutes
Leave in the tin for a few minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment