Thursday 26 September 2013

Mandarin and Marmite Muffins

 
Post-wedding muffins had to be something special - and as our lovely friends Charlotte and Devan came all the way from Canada to celebrate the day with us, I thought I should honour my promise to Charlie that I made a few years ago now, to bake her some muffins with Marmite in them. 

Marmite is, as you may know, either a love or hate thing. Personally I HATE it, but for some reason I had a jar in the cupboard, so I took the plunge and guessed entirely about how much to put in, then I boxed some of them up and sent the muffins off as a gift - I do hope you like them.

The rest I kept back to test out on my son's new Mother-in-law, as it was her birthday. She loved them, as she does Marmite - so I guess I guessed right with the dollop I put in!



Drain a tin of Mandarins (keep some of the juice)

In  a large bowl mix together:
375g self-raising flour
220g caster sugar

In a small bowl mix together:
90g melted butter
one eight cup (half the quarter cup) Marmite, made up to the quarter cup with the mandarin juice from the tin.
half cup sour cream
2 large eggs

Stir the wet into the dry
Stir in:
one cup chopped (drained)  Mandarins

Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
Bake on Gas 5/6 for 20-25 minutes
Leave in the tin for a few minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool

You'll either love them or hate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment