Monday 14 January 2013

A Birthday with a Cherry on the Top

My youngest, Jack, didn't know what he wanted for his birthday this year. Straight on the back of Christmas is not the best time for a birthday, so I was very excited this morning when we woke up to find it had snowed - that's one present he didn't expect to get. 
And the dinosaur wrapping paper went down very well too, you'd never believe he's 23 today!
My day got even better when my school got closed early because of all the snow, so I got to do the birthday baking a little earlier than planned. Naturally Jack chose his favourites - Cherry Bakewell Muffins. The recipe has been put on the blog before, so check out the 'Labels' and you'll find it. 
All that's left now is to do the icing and add a cherry on top, then we'll be off to celebrate by having a BBQ with his friends - just a pity the snow's all starting to melt now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment