Sunday 27 July 2014

Chocolate Banana Muffins

Here's a twist on an old favourite. Banana and chocolate always go together, so finding a ripe one just before I began baking made the batch more interesting. These should be a great breakfast muffin when I'm sat in a field outside my tent with the sun shining and not a care in the world. 

Oh how I love my summer holidays.
In a large bowl sift together:
300g self-raising flour
50g cocoa powder

Stir in:
220g caster sugar

In a small bowl mix  together:
90g melted butter
half cup sour cream
quarter cup milk
2 large eggs

Mix the wet into the dry

Then stir in:
1 mashed banana (half cup)
100g white chocolate chunks

Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
Bake on Gas 5/6 for 20-25 minutes
Leave in the tin for a few minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment