Monday 13 January 2014

Norwegian Adventure: Part 2

...It's the porridge day for the Nisse. It's like a giant rice pudding that you have to have red jammy sauce on, but Inger's mum makes the best strawberry jam, so that may be the topping this year. It's what we'll have for lunch today, with the extended family coming round to share.
...Christmas day breakfast - hot dog sausages in lefse.
...The Christmas pudding ceremony was also held at the Harold party, I chucked a large quantity of cognac on the top before I lit it, and it burnt very well, my dad would have been proud of me, it was the very first time I'd lit the pudding!
...During the night Magnhilde thought we were being burgled, so she had dialed the police before realising it was her brother searching for frozen peas to put on his swollen face (this was nothing to do with the Akevitt, he was too ill to partake).

No comments:

Post a Comment