Saturday 22 March 2014

Sugarless, Flourless Cake!!!

I picked this little recipe up off a facebook link the other week and have been waiting to find three ripe bananas ever since. This evening I managed to get together all the other ingredients, so here we go:
 In a large bowl mix together:
3 ripe mashed bananas
third cup apple sauce
2 cups oats
quarter cup almond milk
half cup raisins (I used currants)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon
Chuck it in a greased loaf tin and spread evenly
Bake Gas 4 for 15-20 minutes
It looks like a giant flapjack - can't wait to try it! But that will have to wait for the Church picnic tomorrow - unless I can't hold out. Then I'll be tasting it for breakfast instead.

But it is a great cake for anti flour dieters, and diabetics who love cake - like my dad!

1 comment:

  1. Well it's divine - and tastes like my mum's bread pudding! Not sure how, as the ingredients are totally different.
    And as you may tell - I only got as far as breakfast. But there is still some for the picnic later for people to taste. But I do think this is one recipe I will be repeating without altering the ingredients. Yum Yum.

    ReplyDelete