Saturday 8 November 2014

Chocolate and White Choc Chip Muffins

This is becoming a very productive day today - 
so far I have endeavoured to clear up the garden after the storm the other night, and make it a bit more presentable by fixing the fences again!! Then I got onto a bit of packing in the kitchen, ready for the impending house move - but soon got distracted by the the baking cupboard - so I just had to whip up a dozen chocolaty muffins which I plan to freeze until moving day, but I'm not sure all 12 are going to make it that far.
While I was at it I also conjured up a cottage pie of sorts, that too I plan to freeze, but the aroma from the kitchen right now is calling me, so it may end up being today's dinner instead.

Anyway, here are the muffins ~
In a large bowl sieve together:
300g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder
Stir in 220g caster sugar

In a small bowl mix together:
90g melted butter
half cup sour cream
three quarters cup milk
1 large egg
a few drops of vanilla essence

Mix the wet into the dry then stir in:
200g white chocolate chips

Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
Bake on gas 5/6 for 20-25 minutes
Leave in the tin for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment