Friday 20 February 2015

Blueberry and Lemon Muffins...

...plus a few other things, like nutmeg and cherries and other berries!

It looks like half term is ending with a flurry of visitors, so I've been up early today to get the first batch of muffins in the oven. I have three different groups of people coming for three different meals over the next three days, then I'm going back to work for a rest! The kitchen has been a hive of activity since first thing - oh and did I mention, I've also made a pair of curtains before breakfast today too - just call me superwoman :)

In a large bowl mix together:
375g self-raising flour
220g caster sugar
grated rind of one lemon
teaspoon of nutmeg

In a small bowl mix together:
90g melted salted butter
half cup sour cream
quarter cup lemon juice (or milk if you don't have enough)
2 large eggs

Mix the wet into the dry then stir in:
1 cup fresh blueberries (and if like me you don't quite have enough, then make up with a mixture of other dried berries and cherries)

Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
Bake on Gas 5/6 for 20-25 minutes
Leave in the tin for a few minutes before moving onto a wire rack to cool
Then start making the second pair of curtains!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment