Sunday 23 August 2015

Blueberry Chocolate Muffins

It seems more and more difficult to come up with different varieties of muffins as I'm frequently asked to bake old favourites, but today I think I have done some that I may not have listed the recipe to recently, if at all. And very tasty they were too.

I've been busy building benches in the garden this morning (check out that alliteration!) and I thought I'd need a treat for when the rain began and forced me to stop. The rain is currently washing away all the fence paint that I have just coated the benches in!
In a large bowl sift together:
300g self-raising flour
50g cocoa powder

Stir in:
220g caster sugar
nutmeg

In a small bowl mix together:
90g melted butter
half cup sour cream
quarter cup milk
2 large eggs

Mix the wet into the dry ingredients

Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
Bake on Gas 5/6 for 20-25 minutes
Leave in the tin for a few minutes before moving onto a wire rack to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment