Wednesday 15 January 2014

Norwegian Adventure: Part 4

...'Intrepid Explorer' is back from the blizzard filled shopping trip. My soon-to-be grandson has pressies. It's only minus 3 now but the snow is still falling.
Been visiting uncle Hans today, but I'm not allowed to see the pigs - foreigners can't, as i might have swine flu!! How rude! But I got to meet the Norwegian equivalent of Mary Berry, and sample her wares, so I couldn't complain. Thanks Ragnhilde.
...Today it's plus 6, so no long-johns required, but there does seem a storm brewing. the lake is whipping up white water which looks like ice chunks.
tonight we will celebrate the end of 2013 with champagne, courtesy of one of the Harold's, and Eric says i have to drink his share as he is on medication and the hospital doesn't advice him partaking, so I may not see daylight at all tomorrow!!

...Parceled in between snow at either ends 2013 has been a year filled with fun - cats, dogs, surprised expeditions, planned expeditions, gigs, parties, family camp, God's abundant provision above and beyond, laughter, music, hygge. Spending my birthday celebrating Jack and Clare's wedding was such a joy, while keeping that most wonderful of secrets that Holly and Tim are having a baby. And right now I get to end the year sitting in wonderful wooden house, next to the lake in Norway, with snow on the mountains

...If 2014 is anyway near as much fun as 2013 then I will be one happy bunny - and I can imagine that becoming a Granny for the first time will certainly make it a year to remember.
Thanks to all those lovely family and friends who got to share in all that fun along the way, memories and photographs a-plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment