Thursday 16 January 2014

Norwegian Adventure: Part 5

...Well the day has arrived, and I got up just as it was light, which was a first! It's off to the mountains to don those skis and find out what all the hoo-ha is about with this skiing malarki. So if I miss my flight tomorrow due to an unexpected visit to the local hospital I'm sure the photos will make up for it. thermals on, and onward we go ...
...Well I survived. it was blizzard conditions, lots of laughs, and when Kari (who had banned me) was hiding safely in the car i did the HILL! That's when I fell over and lost a ski! The whole event was captured on instagram for posterity. I think my shoulders will be the worst ache in the morning from tensing up the whole time when I got started.
...No one told me the ski shoes were like ice skates when we went indoors for dinner neither!! The locals were most entertained at the mad Englishwoman with the moose hat on!! But at least I'M ALIVE and still in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment