Friday 17 January 2014

Norwegian Adventure: Part 6


...Wishing you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR xx
A happy new year from Norway, yes I beat you, we did it already - and may I say that's the first time in my life I've ever stood, with my friends, in a field, in my long johns, at midnight, with a glass of champagne in my hand, celebrating with fireworks resounding around the lake, yet not a moose to be seen!!
...In the morning I have to pack and catch a train for an hour and a half to the airport, then fly home and return to middle England armed with a huge suitcase and many happy memories and photos to go with them.


...It's been a wonderful time here eating all sorts of delicious things, at all hours of the day, at every house we visited.
The moose has eluded me the entire trip, despite visiting the garden here many times, the scalliwag!!
The snow came and went as the temperature rose and rose, but rarely fell too far.
I have learnt to allow 10 minutes to get into your outdoor clothes every time, and going to the loo with so many layers on is a bit of a nightmare.
I have learnt that ski shoes are slippy.
I have learnt that the Norwegian royal family cry in public, and quite regularly it would seem!
I have learnt that most Norwegians speak English which is quite helpful as my Norwegian is improved only a bit. 

And I mostly learnt that Moose do not like to be photographed by the English!

Here are a few moose facts I discovered over a hot chocolate in Nikkers, Lillerhammer FYI

No comments:

Post a Comment